Bit of everything

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum has a little bit of everything so everyone can enjoy!! Please sign up and enjoy your stay and post some messages on our forums :) you wont be disappointed

3 posters

The Highest Challenge

Jessica
    Jessica

The Highest Challenge Empty The Highest Challenge

Post by Jessica Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:35 pm

The Highest Challenge

The sun rose high over Mt. Coronet. Kya shaded her eyes from the light's glare with the back of a gloved hand. It was almost too hot now to wear these gloves, a scarf, and a thick robe. Yet, when she ascended the mountain her pleated miniskirt and lightweight pink eyelet shirt would provide little protection against high winds and freak snowstorms. Not to mention the angry Arceus that had to be stopped before it destroyed everything.

Kya looked at the Pokéball in her hand and sighed. Although she had conquered both the Johto and Hoemn regions − becoming their champion − Kya had yet to conquer Sinnoh and its many secrets. However, Cynthia had trusted her to do this, so she had to, almost.
    At her side, Kya's trusty Latias let out a little cry, as if saying, "Don't be sad. I'm here."

"I know," Kya replied, stroking Latias's soft down. Latias was a legendary Pokémon to many people, but to Kya she was more than that; she was irreplaceable as Kya's friend and partner.

"So," Kya grinned, trying not to think too hard about what she was about to do. "Ready to stop a Pokémon baddy?"

Latias let out a trill and flew around in a figure eight. Kya laughed, partly from joy and partly anxiety. Latias came to a halt, hovering in midair a few feet from Kya. She nuzzled her trainer. Giving Latias one last hug, Kya climbed onto Latias's back.

They flew up the side of the mountain. Unlike the past − when they had gone here before, once to calm Palkia − the pair weren't going through the labyrinth of dark, twisted tunnels in the heart of the tallest peak. Instead, they were skimming across vertical cliffs to get to Spear Pillar before Arceus could destroy more of Sinnoh. New Rock, a tiny town at the base of Mt. Coronet, had already been demolished. After this tragedy, Cynthia the Sinnoh Champion had set out to personally evacuate the cities and towns around the base of the mountain. For some reason she chose Kya to face the fearsome Arceus alone.

No, not alone, Kya thought firmly, squeezing the single Pokéball in her gloved hand. Inside was her one other Pokémon, an Empoleon affectionately nicknamed Tadi. Just as surely as Piplup eventually evolved into Empoleon, so had the friendship between Kya and Latias grown. The three were nearly inseparable; they had to be to face what happened next.

They rode into a giant fog patch. Kya blindly threw the Pokéball up and called, "We need you, Tadi!"
    Tadi flipped and landed on Latias's back. Her flippers slipped around the dew-covered surface until Kya leaned forward and held her steady. "Defog!"

The Empoleon cried and rapidly flapped its flippers, clearing the entire air.

They saw Spear Pillar then, and almost turned back. On the ancient ground was a massive Pokémon with a thousand arms, howling. Without a mouth.

Around it unnameble things were forming, staying, taken apart, destroyed, and reassembled.

The team landed quietly to the side of Arceus on the west edge of Spear Pillar. The air was thin and cold, but that wasn't why Kya had difficulty breathing or what sent chills up her spine. It was Arceus, a powerful legendary Pokémon − both powerful and deadly in the extreme.

Arceus saw them then and threw a powerful Hyperbeam their way. All three friends jumped different directions: Kya went left, Tadi went right, and Latias did an arial dodge.

Because it had to recharge, Arceus did not attack. Kya yelled, "Tadi! Flashcannon!" Tadi concetrated, then launched the Steel attack at Arceus's thick side.

Arceus screeched, picked up an Electro Plate, then gave a Judgement special attack to Tadi. The Empoleon was hurting badly.
    "Hang on, Tadi!" Kya cried. She grabbed onto Latias and the two flew high above Spear Pillar. Arceus was about to go after them, but Kya yelled, "Now, Tadi, SURF!"

Tadi gave a massive battlecry and the entire Pillar became flooded as the tsunami wave rushed over it. Arceus was hit, but far from knocked down. Using Extremespeed it whipped Tadi once, twice, three times in a row with its thousand arms as it rushed by at an invisible speed.

Barely hanging on now, Tadi strained to keep itself standing. It waved its flippers feebly and water shot up from the ground in a desperate attempt at Waterfall.

The drenched Arceus launched itself at Tadi to give the Empoleon its final Punishment. Tadi fainted. "Tadi!" Kya screamed, but her words were lost in the sudden, enveloping clouds. She returned Tadi to the Pokéball. "I guess it's just you and me now, Latias," Kya whispered, a tear running down her face and falling on Latias's soft down.

Arceus chased after them from behind now, holding a Draco Plate. The pair dodged a Judgement attack, then avoided an equally devastating Hyperbeam. As Arceus recharged, Latias wheeled around to deal Arceus Draco Meteor.

Arceus got hit and fell back. Kya saw it getting tired; she yelled, "Latias, finish it off with Dragon Pulse!" Latias opened her mouth and out rushed a powerful, special pulse of dragon energy.

The massive Pokémon fainted. The sky suddenly cleared up, and in the shaft of sunlight Kya saw the objects Arceus was manipulating. On the ground lay piles of special plates, broken into pieces. However, it seemed as if Arceus had been putting pieces from different plates together to create a massive, curious plate like a giant mosaic, not destroying anything.

Kya realized Arceus hadn't meant to harm anyone; it had only been the released power of the plates that had caused all these disturbances. She intended to tell Cynthia what had happened as soon as possible, but first there was more important things to do.
    Kya took Tadi out of the Pokéball and fed her Sitrius berries from her bag. Tadi recovered quickly. Then, Kya gave some to the Arceus sprawled unconscious before her.

It rose and spoke to her mind. "Well done, Kya of Johto. For your great victory today I give you this. Use it if you ever need me. Use it well."

A blue seashell-like flute appeared at her feet. Kya was too astonished to speak.

As quickly as it had awakened, Arceus dove into the plate mosaic and disappeared.

"That was...weird." Kya looked at Latias and Tadi and smiled. They all hugged, glad that everything was right again.
    When they flew high up in the air, Kya could swear she saw the mosaic pattern of Arceus move and wink with one of many eyes, but it might just have been a trick of the clouds. Perhaps some mysteries of Sinnoh would never be figured out.

The End

Last edited by Jessica on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too close together!)
    Jessica
    Jessica

The Highest Challenge Empty Whew, that wasn't easy.

Post by Jessica Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Wow, that was exhausting and difficult. Comment on my story however you like,really. I made it for you, the Pokefans of the world! *tears and dramatic music* Sleep cheers
    Wil

The Highest Challenge Empty Pokemon Story

Post by Wil Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 pm

You wrote a Pokemon story? Why is it so long? alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien You wrote a Pokemon story? Why is it so long? alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien You wrote a Pokemon story? Why is it so long? alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien You wrote a Pokemon story? Why is it so long? alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien You wrote a Pokemon story? Why is it so long? alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien
    Jessica
    Jessica

The Highest Challenge Empty Okay, okay, I get it.

Post by Jessica Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Okay, I see your point. *sorry* Rolling Eyes
    TrainerAshliegh
    TrainerAshliegh

The Highest Challenge Empty Re: The Highest Challenge

Post by TrainerAshliegh Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm

really nice story. its not too long. im working on a story but its at 3 pages so far and is only 1/4 done or so. so i think it may be too long for anyone to want to read on here
    Jessica
    Jessica

Post by Jessica Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I would read it! [on a weekend when I'm not working.]
    TrainerAshliegh
    TrainerAshliegh

Post by TrainerAshliegh Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 am

ok i may post it on here in a few parts or something, that is if i like the finished product. ill say now its my original take on the events of the diamond and pearl series with my own character, so dont expect anything completely new

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm