Bit of everything

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum has a little bit of everything so everyone can enjoy!! Please sign up and enjoy your stay and post some messages on our forums :) you wont be disappointed

2 posters

Standard Rules of Competitive Battling

Gallade
    Gallade
    Admin
    Admin

Standard Rules of Competitive Battling Empty Standard Rules of Competitive Battling

Post by Gallade Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:00 am

Standard Tier Clause: The match shall be Overused (OU) by default.

Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.

Freeze Clause: A player cannot freeze two or more different opposing Pokémon.

OHKO Clause: You may not use OHKO moves such as fissure or sheer cold.

Sleep Clause: A player cannot inflict sleep status two or more different opposing Pokémon.

Species Clause: Using more than 1 of the same Pokémon is not allowed.

Self-KO Clause: Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie, if you use it, your opponent is the winner. If a move that has recoil damage (ex: take down) causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.

No Ubers: You are not allowed to use pokémon classified as "Uber."

And of course using pokemon that have been tampered with using Action Replay or other hacking devices are generally looked down upon.

Well if you have any questions, let me know Very Happy
    Drayruk
    Drayruk

Standard Rules of Competitive Battling Empty wait wat???

Post by Drayruk Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:17 am

so umm...... we basicly we cant do anything like i mean i get the freezing rule

but the no putting to sleep more than 1 pkmn? and no up evasive moves? and no upers

? shouldnt the ladder be won with everything we got!? r strongest pkmn should
    fight. i say the rules should b basicly no cheating or lieing about winning or

loosing a battle no freezing more than 1 pkmn no self ko moves and no ohko moves

either. and about post pkmn battles on the pkmn platnim battle vids, not on

youtube, some of us dont have a vid cam and dont have a com that can post vids.

again all contenders should fight wit all there best and strongest pkmn. i no

right now im a pain in ur ass but this is wat i think the battle ladder should

be like. sorry if i affended u, i was only putting in my opinon. hope u will

consider these changes thank u.
    Gallade
    Gallade
    Admin
    Admin

Standard Rules of Competitive Battling Empty Re: Standard Rules of Competitive Battling

Post by Gallade Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:05 pm

but the no putting to sleep more than 1 pkmn?
    This rule is used to make sure that a persons team isn't taken down because they can't do anything, but you can still try to force a switch by making one of their pokemon sleep.

and no up evasive moves?
    This rule is to prevent a player from not allowing the other player to even make an attack on you giving an automatic win.

and no upers
    Ubers are so strong that other pokemon have absolutely no chance at winning, therefore causing a usage of only 23 Pokemon.

and about post pkmn battles on the pkmn platnim battle vids, not on youtube, some of us dont have a vid cam and dont have a com that can post vids.
    Well in platinum you have the ability to record the videos in-game, otherwise i suggest you ask the other person to record it for you.

I hope this helps you understand why these rules were put in place. I did not make these rules up at all, they were formed throughout the competitive battling community. Smogon is generally considered the official site for rules and tiers in the competitive battling scene. This is why I personally cannot change the rules. Also, about the ladder, Uber Pokemon are just too strong for the others, and Over Used matches are just what are played by more competitive users. Although, feel free to request a match, but be sure to put in the post "Ubers." I hope this post helps your understanding of the current metagame.
    Drayruk
    Drayruk

Standard Rules of Competitive Battling Empty ok ok

Post by Drayruk Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:16 am

ok i get sleeping and evasive. but sleeping still on the fence about. but the uppers thing how u said that theres no chance of other pokmon wining is not true all pokemon r equal its up to the trainer to put them to good use and no how to use them.
    Gallade
    Gallade
    Admin
    Admin

Standard Rules of Competitive Battling Empty Re: Standard Rules of Competitive Battling

Post by Gallade Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Lol I know what you're trying to get at, but Ubers are statistically advanced. Even if they were equal as you say why would you prefer to use a Giratina over a Pachirisu or a Pelipper?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content